Saturday 6 July 2013

What's in a name, part 1: Wolverines

It's true, the guy with the adamantium claws gets plenty of respect:

"Damn, I'm lost. What's through here? Hey, this is a weird looking sauna. I wonder if - HOLY S**T, RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY!!!"
 
But the creature he takes his name from - is it really that badass? Or does it just have a cool sounding name?

After all, it is technically a kind of weasel.

Well I did some digging, and turned up this footage where a wolverine (45 cm tall, weighs about 25 kg) encounters a black bear (1 meter tall on all fours, weighs 70 to 100 kg) and proceeds to bully it:



The bear clearly thinks it's met some sort of badass, kitten eating, biker weasel.

No wonder it left. I would have backed down just out of confusion at encountering something that much smaller than me, that clearly intended to K.O. me for fun.

Wolverines, you live up to your reputation.....

No comments:

Post a Comment